CBD stands for cannabidiol, which is an oil found in the plant named cannabis. Cannabis plants can be referred to as marijuana and hemp. It depends on the content of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) is one of the chemicals found in the cannabis plant. Hemp contains 0.3 percent or less THC content by dry weight, whereas marijuana refers to cannabis having more than 0.3 percent THC by dry weight. CBD products uses the stalks, leaves, and flowers of the hemp plants. This product can be consumed in several ways, like mixing them into food or drink, swallowing a pill, or taking them with a dropper. It acts as a relaxation, comforts mood, reduces anxiety, depression, pain, stress. Despite having numerous health benefits, it is not legal in all parts of the world. Nonprescription products are still not permitted.
Benefits of CBD oil
- Chronic pain, headache, joint pain.
- Sleep disorder, anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress, nausea, acne.
- Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, lung conditions, cancer, epilepsy, type 1 diabetes.
CBD oil: a cure to various diseases
- Epilepsy: FDA has approved the use of a certain form of CBD products for treating rare complex epilepsy like Lennox-Gastaut syndrome and Dravet syndrome. This type of epilepsy has proved to be difficult to be treated by any other medication.
- Alzheimer’s: After years of research, it can be said that CBD might help the patient to identify known faces, that power is generally lost due to this disease.
- Cancer: Various studies have found evidence that CBD helps to fight a few types of cancer as it holds back the growth of cancer cells and improves the immune system needed for cancer treatment.
Helps quit smoking
Quitting smoking isn’t easy. However,it is worth it. According to the research carried out,
many are using CBD oil to get off the smoking habit for good.The study finds that smokers using this product smoked comparatively less and eventually stopped craving tobacco and nicotine. This suggests it helps people to call a halt to smoking.Though this product’s awareness is growing at a high rate still, the question arises is cannabidiol completely safe? Possible side effects and risks can be seen.
Fatigue, irritability, high blood pressure, a reduction in fertility for males, liver damages, gastrointestinal problems, weak memory, and intelligence in teens, and like others, can be some of the possibilities. This can be used as therapy only under the proper supervision of healthcare professionals and good research of local laws.