We know how difficult the present times are. With kids at home, it is really difficult to manage home and work and while trying to strike a balance between both worlds, we tend to overlook our health.
Although the pandemic has taught many to prepare their meals, some days mustering up the strength to make a healthy, delicious dinner for the entire family seems like an impossible task.
Most parents order takeaways on such days. Takeaways not only add up to the already souring expenses but they are unhealthy at the same time. For those busy days, here is a list of recipes that you can make without needing to do hours of preparation.
If you are having difficulty in balancing home, work, and healthy diet, you can subscribe for food delivery service by Healthy Xpress in 2 counties of South Florida – Dade & Broward. Talk to their experts and create a personalized healthy meal plan according to your diet preference and taste. Get freshly cooked portion-controlled meals so that you can easily achieve your health goals without having to step into the kitchen yourself.
5 easy to prepare meals that require no-prep time
You must stock up your fridge with high-quality protein sources, fiber-rich vegetables, seasonal fruits, and dressings to enhance the flavor of your meals. This will make meal planning easier even on hectic days.
Here are 5 delicious recipes that need no-prep:
Chicken, cherry, and apple salad:
- You can grill your chicken and shred it in advance.
- Add slices of apples and dried cherries when your sweet tooth demands a treat but you want to have something healthier than a bar of chocolate.
- Add pecans, crumbled cheese, and vinaigrette for giving your salad some great flavors.
Black bean soup:
- Use your favorite salsa recipe here.
- Add some chopped cilantro, roasted cumin, salsa, and vegetable broth in a pot.
- Use canned beans to fasten up the process.
- Get everything to boil for a few minutes till you get a nice thick soup-like consistency.
- Spiral zucchini and works as a perfect noodle substitute.
- In a pan, heat some olive oil, add a cup of grape tomatoes, and empty a can of cannellini beans.
- Saute it a little before adding crumbled feta and prepared zucchini.
- Squeeze in freshly squeezed juice of a lemon, and add some freshly chopped mint.
- Season it with black pepper, salt, and red pepper flakes for a spicy version.
- Use leftover flatbread as a pizza base.
- Load it with vegetables of your choice, some olives, and grated cheese.
- Pop it in the oven and your pizza will be ready in 10 minutes.
Spinach and chickpea wraps:
- Cook the chickpeas with spices until soft.
- Par-boil some spinach and mix the 2.
- Add some store-bought Sriracha to give it a punch of flavor.
- Fill your tortilla wraps and your hearty meal is all ready to fill up your stomach.
Eating fresh food is very important to live a healthy lifestyle. Even on those busy days, try to grab a quick salad over canned and processed food. Eat a balanced meal and focus on good nutrition content instead of filling yourself with empty calories.