Marijuana, Hemp, and other cannabis plants have many active cannabinoids. With industrial hemp getting legalized, the popularity of products like CBD Salve is on an all-time high. CBD or Cannabidiol found in hemp plants is one of the most active cannabinoids. It brings an amazing array of health benefits to the users. Unlike THC or cannabinoid tetrahydrocannabinol, cannabidiol has no psychoactive properties. This means that people taking CBD experience no intoxication or euphoric experience.
CBD Salve- A Few Facts
- Topicals infused with CBD are salves, lotions, creams, moisturizers, oils, and balms. The main and active ingredient in all is cannabidiol.
- It is important to use CBD Salve properly to enjoy its benefits. It is a topical application that needs to be rubbed gently on the skin for faster absorption.
- It helps in quick alleviation of pain, soreness, several skin conditions, and irritation. It is worth noting here that all these products are immensely powerful and it should be used properly and carefully.
- It brings a remarkable improvement in the condition of a person suffering from muscle or joint soreness, dermatitis, and more without any negative effects.
- Topical cannabis has been in existence for centuries in the form of CBD flower and can be traced back to its use in Egypt and Europe. It was not only used as treatment for inflamed muscles and skin but also as a disinfectant. In some cases, it was also used as a local anesthetic.
- With CBD-based products gaining popularity once again, the curiosity about this miracle product has increased once again with people wishing to know about how this natural product can help them in their health goals.
- THC is available in extremely low traces in the best CBD salves, well within its legal limit of 0.3 percent trace. Thus, CBD provides high-end health benefits without negative or psychoactive effects strongly associated with THC.
How CBD Salves Work
As mentioned above, CBD salves are topicals and are applied directly on the skin to treat issues like chronic pain, soreness, irritating skin conditions, and itchiness. It is not ingested but rubbed gently on the skin for faster absorption. Thus, it does not enter directly into the bloodstream as it gets absorbed by layers of human skin that retain the topicals.
We all know that skin is the body’s largest organ and can quickly absorb liquids including lipids that contain wax and oil like salves. When a user applies CBD salve on the affected skin area, it absorbs the lipids found in cannabinoids and the process of healing begins. The recovery of the affected skin starts, and it brings a marked improvement in itchiness and pain leaving the skin feeling soother. People with skin conditions like psoriasis and dermatitis also find a lot of relief from this condition.
The Endocannabinoid System
CBD closely interacts with the endocannabinoid system of the body on the physiological level. This system is responsible for homeostasis in the body which also regulates the response of skin to foreign substances. The Endocannabinoid system is made up of cannabinoid receptors that occur naturally and are linked with the body’s vital organs. These receptors are responsible for regulating the response of the body to skin sensitivity, pain, immunity response, hormone regulation, and more. As the CBD salve starts working with ECS receptors of the body, the associated health benefits are immediately experienced. Irritation in the skin gets soothed, the sore muscles feel relaxed and pain-free, and pain in the joints are muscles get alleviated.
Thus, when looking for immense relief from a variety of skin issues and troubles, do not hesitate to use CBD salves and enjoy immediate relief from painful and irritating symptoms.